NFL Thread

PAC MAN

5 hours ago, All Hail said:

The Raiders are interested and have offensive linemen to spare.  I hope something gets worked out. 

That would be a crap trade.  We already need a CB, because Lane and Shead aren't NFL quality starters.  I seriously doubt the Seahawks listen to anything less than a first rounder for him.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seahawks sign dion jordan, meaning we've now inked the #2 and #3 picks from the 2013 bust-tacular draft this offseason.

while i'll be surprised if jordan makes it past training camp, you never know with these low risk moves. he won't be asked to play a 4-3 end in seattle, which miami tried to get him to do. the spot he's vying for is actually a weak spot on the roster, let's see if his head is on straight (it wasn't even after he was reinstated last year).

Where Hasselbeck, 35, winds up remains to be seen, but it won’t be Seattle. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said in January that re-signing Hasselbeck was a priority, and the team attempted to do so in March. There still was an offer on the table this week, but the Seahawks weren’t willing to budge any more than they were willing to wait.

Fans spent months wondering whether Hasselbeck would leave Seattle, but no one ever really considered the Seahawks would move on from him. There was no news conference to say goodbye. No stage for the Seahawks’ front office to explain the decision.

No interviews with the principals, just a private phone call, Carroll and general manager John Schneider to Hasselbeck, explaining the team was moving in a different direction. The Seahawks were acquiring Jackson before waiting to hear Hasselbeck’s final decision.

And that’s how an era ended in Seattle.

safe to say, no. 

15 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Hass was good, he took Seattle to the super bowl.  But he had a way better coach and teams around him, than Romo had in Dallas.  Put Romo in Seattle with Holmgren, they would have won a couple SB together.

i dunno, i think tony romo is capable of breaking his collarbone here in the northwest, too. he can torpedo a season anywhere...

actually the situations aren't that different. hass and shaun alexander both benefited from the seahawk o-line, which was the best in the nfl for a time, just like romo enjoyed with dallas these past few years. it's amazing how quickly that seattle team (and alexander) fell apart when ****** hutchinson moved on to minnesota. 

10 minutes ago, glduck said:

i dunno, i think tony romo is capable of breaking his collarbone here in the northwest, too. he can torpedo a season anywhere...

actually the situations aren't that different. hass and shaun alexander both benefited from the seahawk o-line, which was the best in the nfl for a time, just like romo enjoyed with dallas these past few years. it's amazing how quickly that seattle team (and alexander) fell apart when ****** hutchinson moved on to minnesota. 

Romo was way better than people give him credit for.  He takes a lot of heat for L, but the fact is without him those teams would have been 6 win teams.

26 minutes ago, glduck said:

With any other team, I would assume this report was leaked in order to take a bit of leverage away from Garretts agent so that they can bargain a slightly better deal.  With the Browns, who knows. 

Then again (devils advocate time), when was the last time a DT was truly worth a #1 pick?  The same things people are saying about Garrett they were saying about Clowney.  I'm not sure if a DT impacts the game the same way a DE who can get 15-20 sacks in a season does and for that reason I'm not sure Garett is worthy of a #1 pick. Also, I realize Garrett is listed as a DE but he sure seems to have the body of a DT.  Maybe I am wrong here entirely. 

24 minutes ago, All Hail said:

With any other team, I would assume this report was leaked in order to take a bit of leverage away from Garretts agent so that they can bargain a slightly better deal.  With the Browns, who knows. 

Then again (devils advocate time), when was the last time a DT was truly worth a #1 pick?  The same things people are saying about Garrett they were saying about Clowney.  I'm not sure if a DT impacts the game the same way a DE who can get 15-20 sacks in a season does and for that reason I'm not sure Garett is worthy of a #1 pick. Also, I realize Garrett is listed as a DE but he sure seems to have the body of a DT.  Maybe I am wrong here entirely. 

You are entirely wrong. Do some research on DL positions/technique/lineup. He does not play DT, furthest from it. How many 270lb DTs are there anyway? You must be confusing him with someone else, he's averaging nearly a sack a game in college. That's insane production pressuring the QB. Garrett played mostly from the 7 tech spot at TAMU, sliding down into some 5 and even less 3. He could easily end up as a 3-4 OLB. Otherwise he's a weak side DE in a 4-3. You know, the 2 most passrushingist positions in football. 

On April 11, 2017 at 9:24 AM, glduck said:

seahawks sign dion jordan, meaning we've now inked the #2 and #3 picks from the 2013 bust-tacular draft this offseason.

while i'll be surprised if jordan makes it past training camp, you never know with these low risk moves. he won't be asked to play a 4-3 end in seattle, which miami tried to get him to do. the spot he's vying for is actually a weak spot on the roster, let's see if his head is on straight (it wasn't even after he was reinstated last year).

Jordan wasn't awful near the end of his rookie season.  He was getting some pressure on the QB and made some plays.  His problem is that he can't keep on weight, so he tried to gain and maintain it artificially, and got busted.  Got injured, busted, repeat again.  I wonder how he'd be as a pass-catching TE.  Isn't that what he was recruited to Oregon to be originally?

Archived