NFL Thread

PAC MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2017 at 3:32 PM, Mano said:

So, he deserves no credit for 5 super bowl rings ( he was Super Bowl MVP 4 times )? I am no fan of Brady's, but sounds like sour grapes.

Agreed. 

I guess it's just totally a coincidence that he was playing the most important position on the field during each championship.  Hell, doesn't Derek Anderson have 5 rings?  #RightPlaceRightTime

18 hours ago, PapaG said:

5 years/$125 million.  Not sure what the guarantee is but it would be a shock if he doesn't play through the contract as a Raider, good health caveat.

Getting injured before the playoffs was one of the best things to happen to him from a contract negotiations standpoint.  Without Carr, the Raiders were completely inept on offense, with him, we were one of the most explosive offenses in the league.   I'm very curious to see the guaranteed money because this is a huge contract and Mack will be another huge contract.  How will we continue to pay the offensive line?  Oh well, with a good (and hopefully great) qb, we can worry about the rest later. 

10 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Getting injured before the playoffs was one of the best things to happen to him from a contract negotiations standpoint.  Without Carr, the Raiders were completely inept on offense, with him, we were one of the most explosive offenses in the league.   I'm very curious to see the guaranteed money because this is a huge contract and Mack will be another huge contract.  How will we continue to pay the offensive line?  Oh well, with a good (and hopefully great) qb, we can worry about the rest later. 

oh you see the secret to that is you don't.

2 hours ago, glduck said:

oh you see the secret to that is you don't.

It's worked out pretty good for you guys.  We will have to sacrifice something and offensive linemen are expensive (just look at what we are paying one of our guards.)  Load up on defensive draft picks, try to hit some olinemen in the draft, surround undervalued WRs with a solid qb and hope that Tom Brady ages poorly.  This will be our strategy in the coming years. 

• PAC MAN changed the title to NFL Thread

John Urschel, OL  Baltimore, retired after three years with one of the factors being concern for CTE.  He is the exception though as he is a "genius" with a career in mathematics, physics in front of him.

I'm hearing more and more players are getting more and more concerned with many stating they won't allow their sons to play football. This is just on the morning sports talk shows.  That last report with almost every football player brain examined showing signs of CTE was dramatic.

Don't blame those NFL guys for having second thoughts.  I imagine some FBS players might be thinking the same thing.  That report is very disruptive.  I'm glad I didn't continue playing football after high school.  Perhaps we will see high turnover in football at all levels in the next 18 months.

NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/25/sports/football/nfl-cte.html

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-six-qbs-land-in-top-20-but-only-two-are-top-five-picks/

2018 mock draft.  If Darnold is the true #1 pick, it's understandable that he would leave school early.  Two other Pac-12 QBs are going in the first round as well: Rosen & Falk.

Given the QB class next spring, it's very possible that UW's Browning comes back for his senior season.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-six-qbs-land-in-top-20-but-only-two-are-top-five-picks/

2018 mock draft.  If Darnold is the true #1 pick, it's understandable that he would leave school early.  Two other Pac-12 QBs are going in the first round as well: Rosen & Falk.

Given the QB class next spring, it's very possible that UW's Browning comes back for his senior season.

Andrew Luck would have been the #1 pick after his RS Soph year but stayed at Stanford.  I get the a vibe Darnold might do the same thing.

Archived