the all-purpose fall camp thread

glduck

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost the link but it would mention that Montez is no longer just focused on the #1 target in his reads...a byproduct of being coached by Eli Manning's college QB coach.  Manning did speak with CUBuffs.com about the QBs coach: https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/8/1/football-eli-manning-on-what-cu-can-expect-from-qb-coach-kurt-roper.aspx?path=football

49 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Every QB is taught that skill. Some figure it out, others never do

Very true.  If Montez shows that he can read and break down defenses along with a good season for the Buffs, I would be surprised if he returns next year.

Our qbs are throwing the ball real well, our WR's are dominating but so are the CBs.  The Rbs have been amazing and the defense has been equally amazing at shutting down the run.  The Offensive line has been stout and the defensive line has been successful in getting pressure on the qb quite often.  I can't wait for the 2018 season because hope springs eternal. 

Clemson's DL, blurb on the front page of ESPN, really might be the best defensive line of all time. I think in ESPN's top 50 players in college, #4, #5, #12 and #24 . Of course, they also listed Tua as the 11th best player in the nation.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24264151/college-football-preseason-player-rankings-ed-oliver-leads-way

57 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Clemson's DL, blurb on the front page of ESPN, really might be the best defensive line of all time. I think in ESPN's top 50 players in college, #4, #5, #12 and #24 . Of course, they also listed Tua as the 11th best player in the nation.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24264151/college-football-preseason-player-rankings-ed-oliver-leads-way

Not a lot of Pac 12 players on that list.  I think Tate was thrown in just because he is exciting.  Is he really a better player then Frohm or Lock?  Probably not.  He certainly isn't a better player than AJ Brown.  I'd take McSorley over Grier all day, every day.  Jarrett Stidham has to be the most overrated player on that list.  I saw the dude play several times and he is average at best.  Watching him play against Georgia vs a real qb like Mayfield was night and day.   I agree with you on Tua, he gets the 11 spot because of one half of a game and the guy who is 30-1 or whatever isn't even on the list?  Tua could end up being the best player in college football and it wouldn't surprise me but based on what he's done thus far, that's a ridiculous ranking.  The whole list seems poorly made and cobbled together just for the sake of arguments such as these. 

It seems like Arizona might be the most over hyped team.  Rich Rod welcomed a lot of new faces last season.

10 seniors and 22 juniors on this year's squad along with a new head coach.  Let's say UA could be really good...next year.

I'd be excited if I was an UA fan because of Tate.

USC might be a bit over hyped due to the QB situation but if they get good QB play, they could end up in the CFP.

Utah, like Arizona, could be a year away from greatness but I think they could make a move this year even with that schedule.

UCLA & ASU transitioning under new head coaches.

Phil Steele did say to not count CU out of the South race this season.

South is wide open this year but 2019 could be exciting.

1 minute ago, Scscsc89 said:

I can't help of think of Dennis Dixon and 2007 Oregon when I think of Tate.

Good one.  I remember that time when Dixon went down...that was pretty brutal for the Ducks.

All it takes is one hit...just one hit.

8 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

I can't help of think of Dennis Dixon and 2007 Oregon when I think of Tate.

Difference being losing Tate(and 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and 2 other QBs) won't cost Zona the freaking Natty. 

8 hours ago, dtd said:

Difference being losing Tate(and 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and 2 other QBs) won't cost Zona the freaking Natty. 

You think that Oregon team that lost to Cal at home would have won the natty?  I think they would have once again had issues with an elite defensive front.

Archived