2019 Uniform Thread

Quack 12

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

At this point, I think hell would have to freeze over before CU goes to a completely new logo.  Reminds me of the Arkansas logo where the razorback logo was noticeably smaller in the past and now larger which the same could be said about the CU logo.

The only logos I could see changed in the future are ASU and Utah.  ASU needs to bring back the Sparky logo and get rid of that gay trident or fork.  Utah might be forced to drop the Ute nickname or modify the logo at some point down the road given this conference's history especially with Stanford.  And OSU might get bored with their logo again and try something that will eventually stick if that ever happens.

lol, anytime you're triggered over something Buffs-related it seems like you have to go off on every other program to feel better.

And just so we're clear, you think a trident is gayer than THIS?:
41FziXVnK9L.jpg

That's a guy with a moustache and a unitard showing off his...spear.

8 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Utah might be forced to drop the Ute nickname or modify the logo at some point down the road given this conference's history especially with Stanford.  And OSU might get bored with their logo again and try something that will eventually stick if that ever happens.

I doubt that Utah will drop the logo or our Ute Tribe name any time soon. We work directly with the Ute tribe and provide scholarships. The tribe performs each year with 200 of their dancers performing at halftime. The tribe allows usage of their name. The tribe loves their name gaining exposure. 

I’ve taught many drug courses in Ft. Duchesne and wear my Ute gear. Many of the adults and children wear the gear. It is a source of pride. They watch all the games and cheer for us. 

It could happen but won’t be soon. 

25 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

I doubt that Utah will drop the logo or our Ute Tribe name any time soon. We work directly with the Ute tribe and provide scholarships. The tribe performs each year with 200 of their dancers performing at halftime. The tribe allows usage of their name. The tribe loves their name gaining exposure. 

I’ve taught many drug courses in Ft. Duchesne and wear my Ute gear. Many of the adults and children wear the gear. It is a source of pride. They watch all the games and cheer for us. 

It could happen but won’t be soon. 

Jalapeño just shoots from the hip on this stuff. Zero to little research.

His logic was because Stanford changed their mascot, Utah might have to. Not understanding the excellent relationship we have and more importantly, it’s free respectable  advertising for their tribe(to your point).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived