Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

On 9/26/2023 at 7:51 PM, KUGRDON said:

I think it’s very temporary. Nobody’s gonna care what’s happening in the big 12

Unforunately, you will care when your schedule is filled with the highlights of New Mexico, San Jose St, and Wyoming.  The Big-12, while certainly far from everything, along with the ACC, offer a stepping stone when the next big scramble occurs in 2030.  If you're sitting on the outside playing Hawaii and Nevada, the door for opportunity is closed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 10:19 AM, Orange said:

https://x.com/nickdaschel/status/1709618171299455241?s=46&t=6egS2vrbk_LRLutmcoQaTw

Good article about the statewide implications of Oregon leaving, and how UO may in fact owe some $ to OSU for leaving the conference. 

The camparison is made to UCLA sending $$$'s to Cal.  In addition to different governing structures, it's interesting to note that UCLA receives a windfall by moving to the B1G, some of which they'll share with Cal; while at least for a number of years, Oregon, bought by the B1G at a discount price, won't be receiving any more media payments from the B1G than they were in the Pac-12.

On 10/5/2023 at 7:41 AM, EastCoastFan said:

The camparison is made to UCLA sending $$$'s to Cal.  In addition to different governing structures, it's interesting to note that UCLA receives a windfall by moving to the B1G, some of which they'll share with Cal; while at least for a number of years, Oregon, bought by the B1G at a discount price, won't be receiving any more media payments from the B1G than they were in the Pac-12.

There are different governing structures (abruptly changed within the past 10 years) but also a statute that makes it appear as though Oregon owed a fiduciary duty to consult with the state and consider the impact on sister universities before leaving.  

Totally dumb to not have all the west coast teams play each other every season

Two of the big advantages to adding Washington & Oregon was to significantly reduce travel costs and team wear & tear — not just for the West Coast teams but for all the other conference teams as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 1:10 PM, Scscsc89 said:

USC’s first BigTen conference game is @ the Big House

IMG_3561.jpeg

The rest of the B1G is probably PO'ed that there aren't a bunch of November road games for the newbies. I'm sure they're also saying USC comes out unscathed without any. 

It also seems the B1G isn't happy giving in to the USC-ND game and not having the traditional conference rival during rivalry weekend. I figured they would make it work out in the end but a lot of B1G fans were telling USC fans to prepare for the game to get moved. It's possible it still happens down the road but I doubt it because of the NBC deal. Outside of UW-UO the rest of the slate just doesn't look good enough for the NBC slot, and tOSU-Mich will always get Big Noon. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38803993/big-ten-sked-usc-open-u-m-24-ou-uw-tops-rivalry-weekend

On 11/2/2023 at 3:00 PM, glduck said:

IMG_2070.jpeg
byes before both of our former Pac-12 brothers.

I thought you guys shelved the Boise series with all the drama back in 2008-2009 with Legarrette Blount? You played them in a bowl in 2017 but nothing on the schedule since 2009.

You guys have some winning to do in this series.  The Chris Petersen BSU teams were damn good. I would hope you guys clean their clock with the talent differences now.