2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 8/31/2023 at 11:57 PM, dtd said:

Why can't Oregon ever have a defense? Let us merge programs, Utah, and become the one true football god.  

With Cam, Utah’s offense is pretty decent. That said, I wish we could get our hands on some of Oregon’s athletes on offense.  What would we call this team? The U-Ducks?

On 9/1/2023 at 10:34 AM, utenation said:

I just got done watching Swamp Kings on Netflix. Yeah, they take football pretty serious in Florida and the SEC. 

I am about halfway through it, not bad so far.  The south is just a different thing.  Football is king and you better be good, no matter what.  Reason and the ability to build a program is gone.

On 9/1/2023 at 10:41 AM, Buff_Fan said:

I am about halfway through it, not bad so far.  The south is just a different thing.  Football is king and you better be good, no matter what.  Reason and the ability to build a program is gone.

Meyer did so many things to change Utah’s culture. We thank him for that.  Everyone knows what the criticisms are with Meyer. I won’t defend him on that but the man can coach CFB. 

He didn’t really lose at Utah, so we never saw the effects of what losing even 1 game did to this man.  Watching him in post game press conferences after Florida losses and what he put his team through after a loss was shocking. 

Like watching a 5 year old become devastated over a lost toy. In some ways very insecure and I can see why his health deteriorated like it did. 

On 8/31/2023 at 10:42 PM, Trojan209 said:

I guess it'll be another 30 years before Florida travels outside the state for a true road non-conference game. They could do neutral site games but I don't think they've had much success with those either. 

Nebraska-Minnesota still hasn't done much to change my opinion that most of the B1G are good defenses that have been masked by terrible offenses. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong when we join. Maybe it's just a B1G west thing. Outside of Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and maybe Michigan State idk who really worries me in the B1G. Maybe Wisconsin but they just got Fickell so we'll see if they remain a consistent 10+ win team or regress. 

Florida is traveling to Cal in 2027 and Colorado in 2029.

The Big Ten was my secondary conference back when CU was in the Big 8/12.  That Nebraska-Minnesota game was Big Ten football.  I still have mixed feelings about the new clock rules in CFB but last night's game was a positive for me.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 10:01 AM, utenation said:

Let’s see how many starters actually play. I think we were missing 7 starters last night.  I understand players coming off season ending injuries but how can the rest not be ready by the opener. 

Fall camp had much more tackling and hitting this year which led to these injuries I’m guessing. Always there, the fine line of not enough or too much. 

I think it ended up being 8…..reassuring our depth still lets us be competitive.  But would love to have everyone 100%.

I was not all that impressed with our run game.  Lackluster

On 9/1/2023 at 1:01 PM, Chile_Ute said:

I think it ended up being 8…..reassuring our depth still lets us be competitive.  But would love to have everyone 100%.

I was not all that impressed with our run game.  Lackluster

Cam makes the whole machine go better, especially play action.  I think Kuithe back will also provide a spark to moving the chains on the ground. Balance. 

We were fortunate to get a solid win with our second and 3rd QB.  Unfortunately this idea won’t hold up against much better teams on our schedule. Barnes has improved but this guy isn’t a P5 QB in my book. He might win a few games or keep you in it but let’s not forget how bad he was against a top team like Penn State. 

That was a 7 point game when Cam got hurt.  Nate Johnson has a shitload to prove as a passer and he’s lucky he didn’t get 2 fumbles last night. 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, PAC MAN said:

Florida is traveling to Cal in 2027 and Colorado in 2029.

The Big Ten was my secondary conference back when CU was in the Big 8/12.  That Nebraska-Minnesota game was Big Ten football.  I still have mixed feelings about the new clock rules in CFB but last night's game was a positive for me.

Looks like they’re traveling to ASU in 2028 and ND in 2031 too. Hopefully they keep all those games. I remember reading that if the SEC goes to 9 conference games they wanted to drop the P5 non-conference requirement. 

IMG_5473.png