2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

The map doesn’t reflect popularity: it’s purely geography.  Each county in the country reflects its closest FBS stadium — until games start.

You’ll see that USC has claimed San Jose, Vanderbilt captured Hawaii & Notre Dame now owns Navy’s half of Maryland 

On 8/29/2023 at 10:45 AM, Scscsc89 said:

The map doesn’t reflect popularity: it’s purely geography.  Each county in the country reflects its closest FBS stadium — until games start.

You’ll see that USC has claimed San Jose, Vanderbilt captured Hawaii & Notre Dame now owns Navy’s half of Maryland 

That makes sense. I didn’t read the fine print. 

Starting to feel football season is here.

Utah should beat Florida but not quite by as much as I thought due to QB injuries.  

ASU plays at home against Southern Utah.  Given that the team banned itself from a bowl game this year, will we see a slow start by the Sun Devils?  Southern Utah is around middle of the pack in their new FCS conference so ASU should win this one.  If ASU loses, they do with the comfort that their new HC was given another year on his contract once the bowl ban was announced.

Stanford travels to Hawaii...maybe as a future Atlantic Coast Conference member...LOL.

CU at TCU...all the talking heads seemingly are focusing on last year's 1-11 record as a basis why they think CU will suck this season when there are just seven players remaining from last year's dismal team.  TCU's coach said that he didn't bother watching last year's CU team and focused more on Kent State games where the new OC Sean Lewis was the HC last year.  Looks like it will be W-W-W with gold numbers and gold face masks which would be something new for the Buffs but not Coach Prime.

Portland State at Oregon...are the Ducks required by law to schedule a school that appears on the verge of dropping football depending on how the season goes?

Boise State at Washington...Huskies have been highly rated this offseason...will Donkey State change everyone's minds about those Huskies?

Cal at North Texas...I forgot they had a football team this year.  Will they be forgotten for the rest of the year if they lose in Denton?

Nevada at USC...probably another case of USC's players being off to a slow start before they get serious about Stanford but boy their early schedule is soft based on how teams finished last year.  They travel to Tempe and then Boulder before hosting Arizona.  That's the easiest opening schedule I have seen USC have for as long as sports media kept reminding me about Leinhart and Bush.

Washington State at Colorado State.  Oregon State got cooked in the first game at CSU's then-new stadium since it was a zero week game back then.  High is said to be 87 and the starting time is usually the hottest time of the day in Colorado.  Could be a shootout type of game.

Coastal Carolina at UCLA...CCU's head coach was lured away to Liberty and their star QB is nowhere to be found near Mrytle Beach (school is located in nearby Conway).  UCLA should win this game easily.

Oregon State at San Jose State...SJSU finally did something about one side of the stadium but that didn't help them against USC.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:34 PM, PAC MAN said:

Washington State at Colorado State.  Oregon State got cooked in the first game at CSU's then-new stadium since it was a zero week game back then. 

So....you're referencing a 2017 Oregon St./CSU matchup in your 2023 analysis of WSU v. CSU?  Is that what I'm seeing here?

On 8/31/2023 at 10:59 AM, Orange said:

So....you're referencing a 2017 Oregon St./CSU matchup in your 2023 analysis of WSU v. CSU?  Is that what I'm seeing here?

We need a broad perspective here.  This is simply a ag school dicsussion.  For real insight into the upcoming contest, one has to delve deeply into the 25-14 Beav victory over the lambs in 1962, the largest margin of victory in their extensive three-game historical series.

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 9:31 AM, EastCoastFan said:

We need a broad perspective here.  This is simply a ag school dicsussion.  For real insight into the upcoming contest, one has to delve deeply into the 25-14 Beav victory over the lambs in 1962, the largest margin of victory in their extensive three-game historical series.

Funny part is, Beavs were 1-11 that year (it was the year Gary Anderson quit on the team 6 games in) and we still only lost to CU by 3.  lolllololololoolollolo

On 8/31/2023 at 8:59 AM, Orange said:

I remember the field being pretty hot that day and it's going to be at least 90 outside.  I used to practice in 90 degree heat during two a days in August in Colorado Springs and given its 6,000 above sea level altitude, it was brutal.  Heat and altitude isn't a fun combination and unfortunately the Beavs found out the hard way.  Will it affect the Cougs?  Possibly but that's why we watch the games.  I'm curious to see what kind of team the Rams are before CU faces them in Boulder in about two weeks.

On 8/31/2023 at 1:14 PM, PAC MAN said:

I remember the field being pretty hot that day and it's going to be at least 90 outside.  I used to practice in 90 degree heat during two a days in August in Colorado Springs and given its 6,000 above sea level altitude, it was brutal.  Heat and altitude isn't a fun combination and unfortunately the Beavs found out the hard way.  Will it affect the Cougs?  Possibly but that's why we watch the games.  I'm curious to see what kind of team the Rams are before CU faces them in Boulder in about two weeks.

I guarantee that had very little to do with why Oregon St. lost.