2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 9/29/2023 at 9:13 PM, Orange said:

3rd QB for Utah is pretty good.  

Nah. We don’t have a QB. Barnes is hot garbage.  Johnson isn’t ready for this level of football and I don’t think he will be. He kills worms throwing to the dirt every other pass.  You can’t beat a high school team when you only complete 31% of your passes. A few drops but Nate was absolutely terrible last night. 

This might be one of the worst offensive performances by Utah I’ve ever seen. Defense won us 4 games but Utah’s offense is embarrassing.  We have a kid named Brandon Rose that looked excellent in spring ball that would have been the starter. Got hurt in fall camp. He has a shot to be the man next year. Otherwise, time to hit the transfer portal. 

Congrats on the win my friend. 

On 9/29/2023 at 10:33 PM, Mano said:

Defense scored first play against UCLA, Utah was a little more successful running the ball and stopping the run, and UCLA had freshman QB. Beavers would likely be favored, but wouldn't shock me if UCLA won.

I meant in terms of injuries. Did they lose a lot during the UCLA game or were they injured earlier?

On 9/30/2023 at 11:34 AM, KUGRDON said:

I meant in terms of injuries. Did they lose a lot during the UCLA game or were they injured earlier?

We’ve been injured before the season started. I think 8-9 starters didn’t play in our 1st game.  Mash unit.

It’s either piss poor strength and conditioning and physical contact management in fall camp or just really shitty luck. 

On 9/30/2023 at 11:34 AM, KUGRDON said:

Been losing more guys every game. Yesterday in addition to QBs and TE were missing top 2 RB's, starting receiver, kicker and a few guys on defense.  Starting left OT, starting DE, another QB ( Barnes ) and another RB all went out with likely serious injuries.  Starting to run out of players,  hoping a few guys can get healthy enough to play with the bye week 

On 9/30/2023 at 1:38 PM, Orange said:

Christ, even if USC wins it’s going to be “coach prime” up all our asses on ESPN/fox/everywhere else for the rest of the year.  Really needed USC’s defense to show up here. 

USC has given up nearly 600 yards of offense and 41 points to one of the worst offensive lines in the country. 

On 9/30/2023 at 1:38 PM, Orange said:

Christ, even if USC wins it’s going to be “coach prime” up all our asses on ESPN/fox/everywhere else for the rest of the year.  Really needed USC’s defense to show up here. 

Don’t watch ESPN?  I get the over saturation, but who cares?  It’s going to be  one of the stories, but big games are coming up and it will slow down