USC and Arizona basketball coaches arrested

MrBug708

Just now, All Hail said:

The FBI has recordings of Sean Miller talking about paying 100k to secure Ayton's recruitment.  Look's like Arizona is going to lose their head Basketball coach too.  

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22559284/sean-miller-arizona-christian-dawkins-discussed-payment-ensure-deandre-ayton-signing-according-fbi-investigation

I wonder how many other head coaches the FBI has dirt on. 

The last two days has been tough for UA athletics.  All this fbi stuff, Trier going McGuire and now the gang rape.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona is going down.  Watch.  Also, not only will other "names" crash, a couple of them will be Pac-12 schools.  You follow the money.  Take a look at who's been landing the AAU blue-chips.  It's all there.  The FBI isn't the toothless NCAA.  It'll be interesting to see how much of this comes out before Selection Sunday.

4 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

I don't fault some 18 year old kid for taking money.   I do. 

I don't even fault agents.  I fault them too. 

I blame administrators who can't seem to align the interests of the athlete with the regulations placed on them, including coaches, administrations, leagues and the NCAA.  I blame shoe companies for subverting published regulations.  I blame boosters who can't seem to grow up.  Agree with you on all.  Miller is today's prime example.

All that said, Utah runs a clean program.   We'll see.  I'd advise you not to hold your breath.

On 9/29/2017 at 1:58 AM, clpp01 said:

Don't think there has ever been a worse week in Arizona history.  Get busted by the feds, Alkins going down for 2-3 months with a broken foot and now on the football side we have a freshman arrested on a domestic violence charge.

Well shit... didn't think the athletic department would take my opinion as a challenge.

1 hour ago, glduck said:

um so kinda on, kinda off topic: is ayton gonna play tomorrow

No idea, if I were to guess I'd say no.  If everything reported so far is correct then it doesn't really benefit anyone for him to keep playing, Ayton gains nothing by continuing to play and puts his draft stock at risk of catching an injury and for the program/university they are better off starting the punishment aspect now.  We aren't a championship contender this season even with a full roster so might as well self impose a tournament ban for this season and next to try to clear the deck as best as possible for the next guy.  We need to take a blow torch to the department for all the crap that has been going on

24 minutes ago, clpp01 said:

Well shit... didn't think the athletic department would take my opinion as a challenge.

No idea, if I were to guess I'd say no.  If everything reported so far is correct then it doesn't really benefit anyone for him to keep playing, Ayton gains nothing by continuing to play and puts his draft stock at risk of catching an injury and for the program/university they are better off starting the punishment aspect now.  We aren't a championship contender this season even with a full roster so might as well self impose a tournament ban for this season and next to try to clear the deck as best as possible for the next guy.  We need to take a blow torch to the department for all the crap that has been going on

I feel for you.  Sucky thing to watch your University drug through the shyte due to decisions of a few.  Hang in there.

2 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

I said what I said with confidence. At this point there is no evidence that Kuzma even accepted payments. 

Yeah, his name just accidentally ended up on the FBI list.  He accidentally was on the Dawkins spreadsheet.  He’s just a victim or coincidence.  Pass the blunt to your left.

1 hour ago, trickydlck said:

Does this make Romar the new head coach? :)

Just saw that, apparently, if fired for cause Miller still gets 85% of his remaining contract thru 2022. May have to play small fine and bonuses earned back though. Who came up with that deal?

Even Dan Gurrerro thinks that's a bad deal

6 hours ago, trickydlck said:

Does this make Romar the new head coach? :)

Just saw that, apparently, if fired for cause Miller still gets 85% of his remaining contract thru 2022. May have to play small fine and bonuses earned back though. Who came up with that deal?

I believe we have Greg Byrne to thank for that.  Was the AD during the time frame that everything has seemed to go wrong for Arizona.  With the way things are going its only a matter of time before he ends up being dragged down as well for this.  

I would expect Brandon Williams do the same since neither of them signed LOIs. Can't really do anything about but wish them luck they can find somewhere to land that doesn't end up in this type of situation.  At this point I'm more worried about that proposed rule change that is on the table to allow players to transfer without having to sit a year, if that were to go into effect immediately then I would wonder if there are any players on the team that would still be here next year.

Archived