Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Fisher and Taggart have the same agent. Thus, that agent has a pretty good idea about whether the Florida State job will be open or not. More importantly, his job is to get as much money as possible for his clients, which means playing the three schools against each other (TAM, FSU, UO). The only thing that is clear to me is that both Taggart and Fisher will get big raises.

14 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Looks like I was right about Greatwood staying at Cal.  

Chip Kelly appears to be sticking with Fraley. 

Glad he’s staying. He’s a good coach.  I know he had no desire to live in LA, Pete tried getting him back in the day and he turned him down and a big reason was he didn’t want to live in LA.  I just thought the pull of working with Chip again might win him over.

11 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Glad he’s staying. He’s a good coach.  I know he had no desire to live in LA, Pete tried getting him back in the day and he turned him down and a big reason was he didn’t want to live in LA.  I just thought the pull of working with Chip again might win him over.

Well, it's certainly not over yet.  With how crazy the news cycle has been this year, until it's official, I'm not counting my chickens.  I'm just saying that's the way things are looking as of the current news cycle.  

I'm sure Azz is gone though although I haven't heard anything about his situation yet. 

1 hour ago, row Z said:

Apparently Fisher and Taggart have the same agent. Thus, that agent has a pretty good idea about whether the Florida State job will be open or not. More importantly, his job is to get as much money as possible for his clients, which means playing the three schools against each other (TAM, FSU, UO). The only thing that is clear to me is that both Taggart and Fisher will get big raises.

Seems like a conflict.

1 minute ago, Orange said:

Seems like a conflict.

Totally, although I don't believe agents are regulated like attorneys are. So, I don't believe they have a duty of confidentiality or loyalty. Unless I am mistaken, this agent could learn about an offer to Fisher from TAM and then hang up the phone and blab that information to Taggart. Crazy.

1 minute ago, row Z said:

Totally, although I don't believe agents are regulated like attorneys are. So, I don't believe they have a duty of confidentiality or loyalty. Unless I am mistaken, this agent could learn about an offer to Fisher from TAM and then hang up the phone and blab that information to Taggart. Crazy.

If they want to keep a bar license I think they do.

I'm not terribly educated on the agent world, either, so who knows.  Wasn't Master P and agent?  lol

22 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Sounds like old Oregon TE/ST coach, Tom Osborne  (no jalapeno) might be the new coach there. Also sounds like they are trying to talk KNJ into the LB coaching job

He's not falling that far that fast is he?  To go from NFL DC to college LB coach would be a massive, massive downgrade in prestige and pay.  Maybe he can be the DC but I figure he would prefer a lower level NFL job over a low level college gig. 

35 minutes ago, Orange said:

If they want to keep a bar license I think they do.

I'm not terribly educated on the agent world, either, so who knows.  Wasn't Master P and agent?  lol

But you don't have to be an attorney to be an agent, right? I don't believe Jimmy Sexton is an attorney. 

27 minutes ago, All Hail said:

He's not falling that far that fast is he?  To go from NFL DC to college LB coach would be a massive, massive downgrade in prestige and pay.  Maybe he can be the DC but I figure he would prefer a lower level NFL job over a low level college gig. 

I wonder if that is the holdup because falling two levels is pretty rough. But there hasn't been anyone else in the rumor mills. The old LB coach is gone for sure. 

Fisch is apparently the guy Chi0 is talking into as OC, seems like a good career move, but if it falls apart, Ohio State OC, Ryan Day might be the guy. 

17 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Guess it's time for Duck fans to buckle up...

I think Taggart would be a fool to take that job right now. FSU is a mess. Their facilities are weak, their recruiting class is a shambles (and yeah, I get that CWT could probably repair a lot of that in short order). Meanwhile, he has the makings of an awesome class coming in to Oregon, a QB who may arguably be the best in the Pac-12 next season, a fantastic staff (if he can keep it together), and a real shot at 10 or more wins next season and possibly the playoff. 

Either way, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If I were Rob Mullens, I'd have already talked to Leavitt about stepping into the HC job if Willie bolts. 

5 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

I wonder if that is the holdup because falling two levels is pretty rough. But there hasn't been anyone else in the rumor mills. The old LB coach is gone for sure. 

Fisch is apparently the guy Chi0 is talking into as OC, seems like a good career move, but if it falls apart, Ohio State OC, Ryan Day might be the guy. 

Interesting.  This information will be useful when I call my Grandfather tonight. He is a die-hard UCLA fan and he always appreciates it when can go back-and-forth with him about various UCLA sports topics.  

Archived