Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Quack 12 said:

From what I've read, Erickson contacted OSU. He has a plan to bring in Jonathan Smith as OC and head-coach-in-waiting along with some other former Beavs who are assistants and essentially recreate 2000.

He is a great recruiter, but I don't think he has enough left in the tank for the grind that it takes to be HC. While at Utah, he really didn't seem to have the energy to be OC, let alone HC.

5 minutes ago, Mano said:

He is a great recruiter, but I don't think he has enough left in the tank for the grind that it takes to be HC. While at Utah, he really didn't seem to have the energy to be OC, let alone HC.

I'd imagine that would be the CEO style HC, letting the assistants do the heavy work

30 minutes ago, Mano said:

Well, we put a septuagenarian in the White House, why not Corn Valley?

young head coaches seem to be all the rage. if osu likes jonathan smith enough, i'd just hire jonathan smith. i don't think naming him coach-in-waiting and propping up the corpse of dennis erickson is the answer.

i mean, 2000 was so long ago. the next batch of recruits weren't even born yet in 2000 (holy fuck, i'm old too). does dennis erickson's name still carry any weight? when he was hired at the tail end of '98 (early '99?) i remember it being a BIG DEAL that he was going to corvallis. after he was tossed out of tempe in 2011 (or so) i remember thinking yep, that guy is done. 

Archived