Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agreed on harsin’s personality, and CU has been burned by the boise pipeline in the past. i was under the impression that helfrich’s body of work in boulder didn’t endear him to anybody so i’d be surprised if one successful year as an nfl coordinator would fix his dubious college resume.

tedford seems like the easy choice, if they do indeed desire previous HC experience.

38 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Helfrich to CU?  That would be funny.

Harsin would be solid, but his issue is he rubs people the wrong way.  He wanted the UO job badly, but his personality prevented the big donors from signing off on him.

Former Boise coaches have worked great at CU, I am sure the fans would be pumped to go that way again.

55 minutes ago, glduck said:

agreed on harsin’s personality, and CU has been burned by the boise pipeline in the past. i was under the impression that helfrich’s body of work in boulder didn’t endear him to anybody so i’d be surprised if one successful year as an nfl coordinator would fix his dubious college resume.

tedford seems like the easy choice, if they do indeed desire previous HC experience.

I wonder if Tedford wants the “big time” again?

WVU HC's name is coming up in the CU coaching search according to ESPN's sources.  Buyout would be only 1-3 million at this point and CU's AD budget is around the $100M mark so I don't think money is as big of a concern at this point.  Some sources are talking some NFL coaches.

It was time for a change and CU is not going to regret making the change.

51 minutes ago, win2bfree said:

Is CU big enough a lure for Tedford to leave his Alma Mater?  Fresno looks to be better positioned for success.  Depends on the $$$.

Better conference with access.

Better and bigger facilities 

Better location & pay

Chance at P12 redemption.

i also think CU Fans will support a winner.

Sounds like a win/win

19 minutes ago, utenation said:

Better location & pay

Sounds like a win/win

He would be trading a top 3-4 program in MWC for a bottom 3-4 PAC 12, which would mean he would eventually be fired if he doesn't find lightning in a bottle.  Might as well just wait and see if something better (USC?) comes open while his stock is high rather than going someplace that would more than likely lower it.

20 minutes ago, utenation said:

Better location & pay

Sounds like a win/win

Agree on all points.  But friends in Boulder tell me he's 100% no/go -- that his APR record at Cal is a total disqualifier.

9 minutes ago, win2bfree said:

He would be trading a top 3-4 program in MWC for a bottom 3-4 PAC 12, which would mean he would eventually be fired if he doesn't find lightning in a bottle.  Might as well just wait and see if something better (USC?) comes open while his stock is high rather than going someplace that would more than likely lower it.

Fresno was pretty terrible before he got there with the exception of David Carr’s last year with Deyruter.

I think the plan would be to rebuild but CU has a much high ceiling.

Ovbiously if a better job like USC came calling, that’s different.

1 hour ago, Downthefield said:

Agree on all points.  But friends in Boulder tell me he's 100% no/go -- that his APR record at Cal is a total disqualifier.

CU has much better student athlete support when it comes to academics thanks to the Champions Center compared to the past.  But there would be scrutiny in that case.

3 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Honestly — what does Kansas have to lose?

They are about to embark on a $300M rebuild/renovation of the football stadium and they are aiming for a B1G invite.  To pull this off while football is in the pits, you go big time.

Archived