Coaching Changes

Scscsc89

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand what top flight OC and DC would want to work for Helton?  He's not a top coach, or a coach I would think instills great confidence in other coaches.  Essentially, any coach that takes that job has to think there is better than a 50% chance they are all fired next year.

1 hour ago, RogueDuck said:

I dont understand what top flight OC and DC would want to work for Helton?  He's not a top coach, or a coach I would think instills great confidence in other coaches.  Essentially, any coach that takes that job has to think there is better than a 50% chance they are all fired next year.

If I were already employed I would consider that 100%. But if you’re looking for a job and SC comes up, I think you have to consider it.

If it works, great things will come.

1 hour ago, RogueDuck said:

Kingsbury is a bachelor.  One with a lot of money.  Some people say he has Hollywood looks.  He's out of work.  People think he's talented.  He thinks he's talented.  What's not to interest him with a visible job at a blueblood program in LA?

Starting to see some rumblings that CU might have a new coach soon.

Mark Johnson is the voice of the Buffs.

Derek Mason coached at Stanford and is from Phoenix.  CU AD Rick George was rumored to be going to Vandy before they hired their new AD.  Could Mason be the next CU coach?  We'll see.

2 hours ago, Downthefield said:

Kingsbury is a bachelor.  One with a lot of money.  Some people say he has Hollywood looks.  He's out of work.  People think he's talented.  He thinks he's talented.  What's not to interest him with a visible job at a blueblood program in LA?

As much as I like beating USC our fair share, this conference really needs a blue blood leader. Our perception is going down hill each year.  USC is just wasted 5 star recruits.  I’m not sure if Helton is the long term man but USC will always be our best shot to really do something nationally. Oregon has done well but they aren’t the sleeping giant  USC is.

Best part of that is, we have other good programs here, raising the bar is better for everyone.

11 hours ago, utenation said:

As much as I like beating USC our fair share, this conference really needs a blue blood leader. Our perception is going down hill each year.  USC is just wasted 5 star recruits.  I’m not sure if Helton is the long term man but USC will always be our best shot to really do something nationally. Oregon has done well but they aren’t the sleeping giant  USC is.

Best part of that is, we have other good programs here, raising the bar is better for everyone.

This.

Back in 2003-8 when they called us the Pac-1 + 9 we were perceived as being a better conference than right now.  We need our big-city programs to be amazing, that way when Oregon State knocks them off once every other presidential administration, the conference gets mad kudos.

Tough graders?  Huh???  Frost is rated way too high -- his sh!tty team ended up 4-8, when they have way more talent than many of the teams they lost to.  And they're generous with Kelly, too.  I'm guessing that they're guessing that both of those coaches will turn it around.  And that may be true.  But as for this year, both failed miserably.

Archived