• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, utenation said:

Better conference with access.

Better and bigger facilities 

Better location & pay

Chance at P12 redemption.

i also think CU Fans will support a winner.

Sounds like a win/win

Tedfords wife likes Cali, and hates the cold.  While CU is a step up, sometimes the wife wins.

5 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

I would be shocked if Helton got canned this year. A Rose Bowl win, PAC12 Championship and a Cotton Bowl appearance in the last few years is probably enough to give him 1 mulligan for a bad season.

7-5 and I’d totally agree with you, but 5-7 with very ugly losses in the last 3 to your biggest rivals seems different to me.  I mean, there was nothing you could hang your hat on.   zero improvement barring a miracle versus ND

SI on the Colorado job:

So who might want it? Utah State’s Matt Wells is having a great year, but if Colorado wants him, Buffs officials should make sure offensive coordinator David Yost is coming along. West Virginia’s Dana Holgorsen might be willing to leave West Virginia for a program that has an easier path to a conference title. This will be the best West Virginia team Holgorsen has had or will have for a while, and it must beat Oklahoma on Friday to even earn a berth in the Big 12 title game. Plus, he could recruit Texas hard from Colorado. That’s a more natural territory for Holgorsen. One wild card is Washington defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake. The 41-year-old Lake is an ace recruiter, and the Huskies have remained a top-tier defense since his elevation to defensive coordinator before this season. Ohio State offensive coordinator Ryan Day also would be an intriguing possibility. He shepherded the Buckeyes’ program while Urban Meyer was on administrative leave and while Meyer was suspended earlier this season, and Ohio State’s offense has repeatedly bailed out a defense that looks dysfunctional at times. Another possibility is former Oregon coach Mark Helfrich, who has spent this season as the Chicago Bears’ offensive coordinator. Helfrich would have to prove to Colorado officials that he has learned from the mistakes that befell him at Oregon, but that’s not impossible. A great recent example is LSU coach Ed Orgeron, who has shown that he has grown considerably since a disastrous first stint as a head coach at Ole Miss.

Didn't realize that David Yost is on Wells' staff at USU.  That will be a requirement for Wells to bring along especially since Dan Hawkins didn't bring along Petersen with him to Boulder and it paid dearly.  But CU fans including myself have no desire for another G5 coach especially after Hawkins and MacIntyre.  Helfrich wouldn't excite the CU fanbase since he was on Hawkins' staff at CU.

4 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Didn't realize that David Yost is on Wells' staff at USU.  That will be a requirement for Wells to bring along especially since Dan Hawkins didn't bring along Petersen with him to Boulder and it paid dearly.  But CU fans including myself have no desire for another G5 coach especially after Hawkins and MacIntyre.  Helfrich wouldn't excite the CU fanbase since he was on Hawkins' staff at CU.

I didn’t either, thought he was still at Oregon.  He wasn’t with the Ducks for long, was he pushed out or go to USU on his own?  He did a great job for three years at WSU.

Just now, KUGRDON said:

I didn’t either, thought he was still at Oregon.  He wasn’t with the Ducks for long, was he pushed out or go to USU on his own?  He did a great job for three years at WSU.

Have no idea but Yost has coached good offenses in many places that he went to.

Archived