It doesn’t fit anywhere else, so put it here

KUGRDON

Dodgers and Pads this weekend!  Who you got?

Tatis and Machado do relatively well vs Kershaw so 🤞

I wish I was mobile enough to feel confident in traveling. I’d be there this weekend. San Diego trip sounds wonderful. The Padres are going to play in Seattle this summer so I will get to see them then.

***Tatis goes yard twice on Kershew.  Makes me wish I had been bolder with my analysis.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the PGA LIV Golf merger the Saudis effectively now own a good share (% not disclosed) of the PGA.

Next target:  NBA.  Invest hundreds of millions to pick off NBA superstars for a new league operate the new league and force a merger.  

60 years ago I begged Mom for a pair of White Low Top Converse (Cons).  This was before anyone called them Chucks.  Mom said we couldn’t afford them and got cheap shit shoes at Sears instead of these high tech sweet bastards with racing stripes.

I was killing time in the Mall and came across them and had to have them, had to tell Mom’s voice that was ringing in my ears it was nun of her beeswax.

So they are shit.  No arch support.  Walked a mile and almost developed flat feet.  How did we survive the 1950s and 60s walking to school in shit like this?  Still glad I got them, it was a victory for 10 year old me.

70811825232__39D1232F-29E4-4351-B36B-5B990F4B4B21.jpeg

70811826758__BAF524BC-46A9-43ED-AF23-5ACC715D8309.jpeg

On 6/12/2023 at 4:04 PM, KUGRDON said:

60 years ago I begged Mom for a pair of White Low Top Converse (Cons).  This was before anyone called them Chucks.  Mom said we couldn’t afford them and got cheap shit shoes at Sears instead of these high tech sweet bastards.  I was killing time in the Mall and came across them and had to have them, had to tell Mom’s voice that was ringing in my ears it was nun of her beeswax.

So they are shit.  No arch support.  Walked a mile and almost developed flat feet.  How did we survive the 1950s and 60s walking to school in shit like this?  Still glad I got them, it was a victory for 10 year old me.

70811825232__39D1232F-29E4-4351-B36B-5B990F4B4B21.jpeg

70811826758__BAF524BC-46A9-43ED-AF23-5ACC715D8309.jpeg

Hilarious. I found out the hard way in college that these don't have any support when i played hours upon hours of pickup basketball on a concrete parking lot in these. Super bad idea. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/12/2023 at 6:08 PM, Scscsc89 said:

I thought I was being clever by not wearing my SC cap in central Washington & wearing my Oregon State cap instead. Everyone loves those lovable Beavs, right?

I learned I was wrong.

I would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes.  So much for the mascots shaking hands at midfield in a sign of unity when they played.

On 10/12/2023 at 5:08 PM, Scscsc89 said:

I thought I was being clever by not wearing my SC cap in central Washington & wearing my Oregon State cap instead. Everyone loves those lovable Beavs, right?

I learned I was wrong.

Interesting because I’ve been wearing a beaver hat, and sometimes T-shirts and it’s been well received.  If I’m wearing Oregon state gear and come across somebody in WSU gear, I just give a GoCougs and generally will get the Go Beavs response.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...