Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn I am jealous of all the success I am seeing from the league. Hoping new coach gets Utah back to glory days.

Not only 3 teams from Pac already in the Sweet 16, but all seem to have a legit chance to go further. Would love to see USC win over Kansas to guarantee a Pac Elite 8 team.

Iowa had to be one of the least athletic #2 seeds in many years. I know it's a meme to complain about officiating, but ffs does Garza get away with EVERYTHING. He should have had 3-4 offensive fouls today, and all but 1 were called defensive, including more than once when he'd hit a defender in the fucking neck with an elbow(while traveling). I'm sorry but that dude can't get from the FT line to the rim without dribbling without it being a travel. Shit was infuriating. 

Congrats to all the schools that made the S16. I decided to look up some stats. 

Specifically UCLA.. Many know they have a rich basketball history but when you actually put the numbers out there, it’s even more impressive. 

They’ve made the tournament 50 times, S16: 35 , Elite 8: 22, final 4: 18, champs 11.

Here’s how they compare to other elite programs all time. 

Kentucky: 68, 45, 38, 17 and 4 titles

Duke: 43,31,22,16, and 5 titles

UNC: 51, 34,23,20 and 6 titles 

Kansas: 49,31,24,18 and 3 titles

I’d give Kentucky a slight edge on overall numbers but UCLA’s 11 titles are hard to ignore. 

10 minutes ago, utenation said:

Congrats to all the schools that made the S16. I decided to look up some stats. 

Specifically UCLA.. Many know they have a rich basketball history but when you actually put the numbers out there, it’s even more impressive. 

They’ve made the tournament 50 times, S16: 35 , Elite 8: 22, final 4: 18, champs 11.

Here’s how they compare to other elite programs all time. 

Kentucky: 68, 45, 38, 17 and 4 titles

Duke: 43,31,22,16, and 5 titles

UNC: 51, 34,23,20 and 6 titles 

Kansas: 49,31,24,18 and 3 titles

I’d give Kentucky a slight edge on overall numbers but UCLA’s 11 titles are hard to ignore. 

Not to disrespect your post or UCLA’s basketball program, but if you take out John Wooden UCLA becomes pretty ordinary. That’s how amazing he was.

Archived