Pac-12 Hoops

glduck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastCoastFan said:

What happened to Jensen and Bryant?  Also, what does this do for the key, recruiting?

Both of them are NBA guys with legit shots to be head coaches in the NBA. Mano said Bryant wasn’t even interviewed for Utah.

I think Alex is gone from the Jazz in the next few years. Bryant is in his mid 30’s. Maybe a bit soon I think. 

Recruiting with Smith: I think the jury is out for me. 

21 minutes ago, utenation said:

Recruiting with Smith: I think the jury is out for me. 

Yes, the jury is out.  He obviously can coach up talent and field a competitive team.  What's needed for real success at the P6 level, though, is a bigger than life personality.  Especially if you have to "import" many of your players.  Advantage -- recruits can spell and pronounce his mane.

6 minutes ago, EastCoastFan said:

Yes, the jury is out.  He obviously can coach up talent and field a competitive team.  What's needed for real success at the P6 level, though, is a bigger than life personality.  Especially if you have to "import" many of your players.  Advantage -- recruits can spell and pronounce his mane.

Smith definitely has juice and energy.  Let’s see if he can keep some Utah players that went in the transfer portal this week.  Timmy Allen specifically.

For me, there isn’t anything scary about Houston for OSU, especially when you consider who The Beavers have beat the last two weeks. 

Now Baylor is a different animal. I’ll call my shot. I think the Beavers’ party ends there but they beat Houston. 

23 minutes ago, utenation said:

For me, there isn’t anything scary about Houston for OSU, especially when you consider who The Beavers have beat the last two weeks. 

Now Baylor is a different animal. I’ll call my shot. I think the Beavers’ party ends there but they beat Houston. 

Hope so

2 hours ago, utenation said:

I’m actually torn on the Zags.. I want them to beat Creighton so se can beat them. I also like Western teams to do well but they are pretty much the Boise State of basketball.  Kind of annoying.

There's nothing Boise-like with the Zags.  Gonzaga actually is one of the best teams in the nation, and has a row of P6 scalps to show for it.  There's no blue-field hype about Few's team.  They're the real deal.

44 minutes ago, EastCoastFan said:

There's nothing Boise-like with the Zags.  Gonzaga actually is one of the best teams in the nation, and has a row of P6 scalps to show for it.  There's no blue-field hype about Few's team.  They're the real deal.

I definitely think the Zags are the real deal. That’s not what I was talking about.  I think Boise has been a hell of a program but the “they can do no wrong Cinderella, non major” rants kinda get old.  I think the Zags need some hardware before we crown them the next Dream Team.

8 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Rooting interest after UCLA
a) Anyone but USC

b) Anyone but Arizona

c) Anyone but Kentucky

You should be a big fan of Alabama (beat Kentucky twice),  And of Oregon and Stanford (both beat Arizona twice).  And of Colorado (beat USC three times, and something like eight straight).

Archived