Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

On 9/1/2023 at 2:54 PM, utenation said:

Wow. Cal and Stanford bent over the barrel to get into the ACC.  They will only get about 30% of ACC Rev the next 7 years. Which will be $7.2 million per.  That’s G5 money with a P4 name tag. 

North Carolina and FSU voted no to adding them.  This conference won’t last, most know that. 

Again, pretty fucked up if P12 schools turned down 30 mill from ESPN, expecting 50 per. I’m still not happy about Utah in the B12. NCAA credits might be more but the B12 was never our first want. 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/college-football/despite-30-million-offer-10-pac-12-teams-espn-stanford-cal-refused-accept-media-deal-money-reports

True but it’s a stable few years as the next conference shift comes about.  Landscape will change again.  Bide our time

Good football and better basketball…..it will be interesting.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 3:19 PM, Chile_Ute said:

True but it’s a stable few years as the next conference shift comes about.  Landscape will change again.  Bide our time

Good football and better basketball…..it will be interesting.

The P12 was a perfect conference for Utah athletically, academically and geographically. Utah grew in a big way academically as well as athletics. 

Water under the bridge at this point. The B12 was survival. Doesn’t mean I’m happy about it. Going to BFE Kansas and Iowa, Orlando, Cincy, Morgantown, dirty-filthy Houston, Waco?

Just not the same.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 3:42 PM, utenation said:

The P12 was a perfect conference for Utah athletically, academically and geographically. Utah grew in a big way academically as well as athletics. 

Water under the bridge at this point. The B12 was survival. Doesn’t mean I’m happy about it. Going to BFE Kansas and Iowa, Orlando, Cincy, Morgantown, dirty-filthy Houston, Waco?

Just not the same.

I get it.  Not as sexy, but survival and stability (for now)….and my only beef is Orlando….the rest are actually fun college towns by my experience (sans Iowa but I’m open).

I still would like to see OSU and Wazzu get into the Big 12. I would prefer 3 pods with 6 teams each, and western pods could be OSU, Wazzu, Utah, BYU, Az and ASU. Would make me feel alot better about travel, especially for Basketball and Oly sports. Even if they have to take half shares for several years to get in, would still be more than they make wit MWC or AAC.

• Like 1

None of this makes any sense.  Cal's tennis team playing in Boston?  Colorado in a conference without women's lacrosse?  Utah looking for a ski opponent in Central Florida?  UCLA's swim team trying to find the pool at State College?  SMU leaving Texas for every game in every sport to play on either the Atlantic or Pacific coast?

And all these kids are supposed to be college students at pretty demanding schools?  Arizona visiting Morgantown, Oregon in Piscataway?

On 9/3/2023 at 4:29 PM, Orange said:

Me too.  Bout to switch up jobs and be back in the office/courtroom tho.  Nervous a bit.  

Long term it is more beneficial you put yourself in challenging/difficult situations.  We perform better and it promotes growth…on several levels.  If you’re not nervous then it doesn’t mean anything.  Good luck and kick some arse.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:06 PM, MrBug708 said:

You still working a bit with the cannabis/weed stores? I know at onet time you were looking into it

I represented marijuana businesses for a year.  It was fun, but my partner turned out to be a less fun version of satan. 

New job will be criminal defense.  Mostly court appointed.  

On 9/1/2023 at 4:53 PM, Chile_Ute said:

I get it.  Not as sexy, but survival and stability (for now)….and my only beef is Orlando….the rest are actually fun college towns by my experience (sans Iowa but I’m open).

Cincinnati, Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Salt Lake City .... college towns?