Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

https://weatherspark.com/m/8993/11/Average-Weather-in-November-in-Lincoln-Nebraska-United-States

On 1/30/2023 at 10:37 AM, Scscsc89 said:

https://weatherspark.com/m/8993/11/Average-Weather-in-November-in-Lincoln-Nebraska-United-States

Good news

Daily low temperatures decrease by 12°F, from 37°F to 25°F, rarely falling below 12°F 

On 1/30/2023 at 9:37 AM, Scscsc89 said:

That twitter handle is good at scrubbing through comments it finds elsewhere on twitter and presenting it as inside information. UCLA-Nebraska has long been rumored to be one of the fixed rivalry games. I'm most teams would like to trip out here for games in November.

On 2/2/2023 at 2:54 PM, Aztecgolfer said:

No.

I don't know who you are, @Aztecgolferbut I'm glad you and I have style, as opposed to being like @Orangewho has no style and doesn't know how to do anything but by try and boost his low self-esteem by trying to belittle anyone that doesn't agree with him in every possible way in order to cope with his own insecurities.

I have no idea if what these streamers from Utah are saying about the Pac12 tv negotiations is accurate ... but if it is things are not going well: 1) tv offer of $250M, $25M per school; 2) schools divided on whether to consider selling all tier 1 rights to a streamer like Amazon (UW, Oregon, AZ, ASU against selling to streamer). 

I have 

On 2/7/2023 at 1:01 PM, row Z said:

I have no idea if what these streamers from Utah are saying about the Pac12 tv negotiations is accurate ... but if it is things are not going well: 1) tv offer of $250M, $25M per school; 2) schools divided on whether to consider selling all tier 1 rights to a streamer like Amazon (UW, Oregon, AZ, ASU against selling to streamer). 

I have 

Saw who the streamer was and quit watching. Monte is an idiot.

I have seen support for the logic behind adding SMU from a couple of sources, including Wilner and Canzano on their most recent podcast. On paper, the Dallas Fort Worth area is a valuable market for tv, high school football is strong and will result in better conference recruiting in Texas, SMU has a big endowment and is eager to spend on football, they have already made big moves with NIL and the portal, and the school is well ranked academically. But, all of this requires projecting their fit in the conference in the future, because today it just seems like a big step down from Big12 schools we thumbed our nose at (including BYU, OK State, Texas Tech etc.).

On 2/9/2023 at 12:41 AM, row Z said:

...today it just seems like a big step down from Big12 schools we thumbed our nose at (including BYU, OK State, Texas Tech etc.).

Agree.  If SMU was anywhere near the territory of the Big-12, you wouldn't have seen Houston, Central Florida, etc. as that conference's add-ons, it would have been SMU.  But SMU was never even mentioned as a prospect for the Big-12.  (Note, the Big-12 also passed on San Diego State.  They found BYU, CFU, and Cincy more worthwhile.)  I'm of the mind that the Pac should stay at ten teams, but if Kliavkoff wants to dilute the beer with SMU, then CU and the other four-corners should think again about Big-12 membership.  If the four-corners were about to leave, oregon and Washington would join in for sure so as not to be stranded, and then we'd have an interesting conference with the best of the remaining Pac-schools added to KU, Oklahoma State, Houston, etc.  Here's what we could end up with if Pac-schools went to the Big-12, with 20 schools total and a renegotiated contract:

--Oregon/Washington/Cal/Stanford/ASU/Arizona/Utah/CU/BYU/KU

--ISU/KSU/OkState/TTech/TCU/Baylor/Houston/CFU/WVU/Cincy

• Like 1

Your version of a rebuilt 20 team Big12 would cool. I could enjoy that.

I read something on a Cal board that Amazon is looking at sports as a loss leader for more Amazon Prime subscriptions. So, it might be Amazon pushing for more schools in larger population areas like DFW. If financial deal from Amazon is fat enough, i guess adding SMU and SDSU would be ok, although I think we could use a partner for both of those schools. Would take some time getting used to in any event.