BYU starts AA QB for the first time in school history

HLB

13 hours ago, RogueDuck said:

UO had african American players playing for them back in the 10s, long before the racist south.  

The "racist" south …. What do you know about the "racist" south?

Very, very little.

Who were the southern racist? Who formed the KKK? Who fought for slavery?  Who wanted segregation in the 60's and 70's?  What Governor stated in his inauguration address, "Segregation today, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever!"

The Southern Democrats, is the answer to all of those questions.  It was the conservative Southerners that fought to end slavery and desegregation.  The very party that you and yours affiliate with, is the party that wanted racism and segregation.

You are clueless about the south, so don't act like you know everything about the south.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m still not even sure why we’re supposed to be answering for BYU? Is there a racist frat at New Mexico State we should be aware of, too? 

If we can move this over to the non-sports board, I’m sure there are several things in HLB’s version of history several of us would love a crack at correcting.

7 hours ago, HLB said:

Very, very little.

Who were the southern racist? Who formed the KKK? Who fought for slavery?  Who wanted segregation in the 60's and 70's?  What Governor stated in his inauguration address, "Segregation today, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever!"

The Southern Democrats, is the answer to all of those questions.  It was the conservative Southerners that fought to end slavery and desegregation.  The very party that you and yours affiliate with, is the party that wanted racism and segregation.

You are clueless about the south, so don't act like you know everything about the south.

I love how he spouts common knowledge and acts like he’s bringing enlightenment.

Feel bad for Sitake, he is a good dude and their whiny fans are laying all their issues on him. They should likely be winless, but for the 2 games they won against Tennessee and USC using smoke and mirrors with some innovative defensive schemes.  

10 hours ago, HLB said:

Very, very little.

Indeed, yesterday’s Democrats, today’s republicans.   Real fucking enlightening. 🙄

On 10/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, HLB said:

@Jalapeno - I'm sorry to hear that you are hearing impaired.  My heart goes out to you.  I only wish that I could have the fortitude to deal with a disability as well as those who have disabilities.  I hope life continues to treat you well.

From personal experience, AAs do not like cold weather very well.  As for "more than other races", I couldn't answer that question.  Without question, the NW is a beautiful part of the country and a pleasant place to live.  But I don't know anything about AA communities, or their size, in the NW.

But here are my questions:  Why are there AA communities, and not just communities?  Why do the communities have to be separated for different races?

I went to college in Washington DC and my school (Gallaudet University) was located in an AA heavy area so it was quite the culture shock going from a small mostly white mountain town to a diverse place and it seemed like they were comfortable being around each other as if it was its own community.  It showed me how full of crap those network news shows are about categorizing AAs as gangsta thugs who can't stay out of jail.  I am aware that not all AAs are that way and are willing to get out of that comfort zone.

To answer your question about why not just communities, it depends on one's comfort zone and willingness to deal with being different from the majority regardless of race.  Also have an open mind and willingness to see from the other side of things.  Not everyone is going to be like that and not everyone is willing to be patient with becoming part of a new culture.

I have been to the Philippines and Hong Kong.  I knew some Filipinos from church and despite being Deaf like me, sometimes they would want to do Flipino specific things with other Filipinos.  Again comfort zone and I imagine as a sports writer, you are more exposed to those different backgrounds than the average Joe is.

It's so easy to claim that you aren't racist but when it comes to having to be around those people, they end up not feeling comfortable or they are just truly racist which is sad.

12 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I went to college in Washington DC and my school (Gallaudet University) was located in an AA heavy area so it was quite the culture shock going from a small mostly white mountain town to a diverse place and it seemed like they were comfortable being around each other as if it was its own community.  It showed me how full of crap those network news shows are about categorizing AAs as gangsta thugs who can't stay out of jail.  I am aware that not all AAs are that way and are willing to get out of that comfort zone.

To answer your question about why not just communities, it depends on one's comfort zone and willingness to deal with being different from the majority regardless of race.  Also have an open mind and willingness to see from the other side of things.  Not everyone is going to be like that and not everyone is willing to be patient with becoming part of a new culture.

I have been to the Philippines and Hong Kong.  I knew some Filipinos from church and despite being Deaf like me, sometimes they would want to do Flipino specific things with other Filipinos.  Again comfort zone and I imagine as a sports writer, you are more exposed to those different backgrounds than the average Joe is.

It's so easy to claim that you aren't racist but when it comes to having to be around those people, they end up not feeling comfortable or they are just truly racist which is sad.

I’m seriously in doubt of your level of education based on 90% of your posts on this board.  Your ignorance is off the charts. I’ve also learned over the years that people that throw around credentials on message boards are usually full of shit. Much like your buddy HLB.

All I can say is, you must have had an out of this world tutor.

20 hours ago, azgreg said:

Pretty bad when the Republicans have to go back 150 to find the last time they did something right for the blacks.

What?  List for me the last time Democrats did something right for blacks?  What did Obama do for blacks? 

Who free blacks from slavery?  Who freed blacks from segregation?  The Republican party was formed and born out of opposition to slavery.

There are a lot of black Americans who will tell you that Trump has done more to advance for black Americans that Obama ever did.

The Democrats have exercised one of the oldest ploys in politics, which is to say something loud enough and long enough, and people will start to believe.  The truth is, the Democrats have long been the party of segregation and racial divide.

14 hours ago, HLB said:

What?  List for me the last time Democrats did something right for blacks?  What did Obama do for blacks? 

Who free blacks from slavery?  Who freed blacks from segregation?  The Republican party was formed and born out of opposition to slavery.

There are a lot of black Americans who will tell you that Trump has done more to advance for black Americans that Obama ever did.

The Democrats have exercised one of the oldest ploys in politics, which is to say something loud enough and long enough, and people will start to believe.  The truth is, the Democrats have long been the party of segregation and racial divide.

For an old person, you sure have a shit grasp of American history.

Republicans invented the Southern Strategy under Nixon, whereby they weaponized the racial animus toward blacks to flip the the South to the GOP, (hence the South was dominated by white Democrats in the 40s, 50s and 60s, and is now dominated by white Republicans today).

Democrats voted in FAR greater numbers for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.  Since then, the GOP has done everything possible to chip away at black voting rights in the South, including appointing justices who would gut the VRA six years ago.  (EVERY justice appointed by a republican in Shelby County v. Holder voted with the majority, all of those voting with the dissent were appointed by Democrats).

On 10/12/2019 at 9:38 PM, azgreg said:

Pretty bad when the Republicans have to go back 150 to find the last time they did something right for the blacks.

Was that when Al Gore’s dad and Robert Byrd filibustered and then voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 while the GOP passed it?  I’m not a math major but is that “150?”

Derrrr

44 minutes ago, Orange said:

For an old person, you sure have a shit grasp of American history.

Republicans invented the Southern Strategy under Nixon, whereby they weaponized the racial animus toward blacks to flip the the South to the GOP, (hence the South was dominated by white Democrats in the 40s, 50s and 60s, and is now dominated by white Republicans today).

Democrats voted in FAR greater numbers for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.  Since then, the GOP has done everything possible to chip away at black voting rights in the South, including appointing justices who would gut the VRA six years ago.  (EVERY justice appointed by a republican in Shelby County v. Holder voted with the majority, all of those voting with the dissent were appointed by Democrats).

Democrats voted in FAR greater numbers for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

A blatant lie by a blatant liar.  How can anyone take Beavs78 seriously?  Is Orange  the biggest liar ever on the internet?

The Senate version, voted on by the House: Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%) Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

In the Senate, the bill was then amended and passed with similar levels of support—83 percent of Republicans voted “yea” versus 65 percent of Democrats. The House approved the final bill in a 288-95 vote, with 81 percent of Republicans and 59 percent of Democrats in favor.

1 minute ago, PapaG said:

Democrats voted in FAR greater numbers for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

A blatant lie by a blatant liar.  How can anyone take Beavs78 seriously?  Is Orange  the biggest liar ever on the internet?

The Senate version, voted on by the House: Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%) Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

In the Senate, the bill was then amended and passed with similar levels of support—83 percent of Republicans voted “yea” versus 65 percent of Democrats. The House approved the final bill in a 288-95 vote, with 81 percent of Republicans and 59 percent of Democrats in favor.

Facts always stump him!

Archived