Future of the board

mugtang

Hey everybody.  Now that we are through basketball season I wanted to discuss the future of this board.  Obviously keeping it as the Pac12 board doesn't make any sense considering the Pac-12 exists in name only and it's unclear what OSU & WSU are going to do?  I'm still leaning toward them doing a reverse merger with the MWC but that's TBD.

What I am leaning towards is rebranding this site to encompass all west coast based schools as it will give you a familiar place to discuss your games, schools, etc.  It would also become a sort of an alternate to the MWCBoard as the new owner has let it go to shit.

I'm open to suggestions though and would appreciate any input.

• Like 3

I would be good with a Western college sports forums, perhaps with sub boards for MWC, Big 12, B1G, ACC and Pac 2. Would be nice to have more users, has pretty much felt like a morgue since the Pac fell apart. Will likely be some chaos to start, but seems like an opportunity.

• Like 1

Some of us are on our third version posting together so I suspect we are cool with whatever we end up doing. We were posting on the ESPN message boards in 2000 and here we all are still, all be it just in small quantities 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 10:53 AM, mugtang said:

Hey everybody.  Now that we are through basketball season I wanted to discuss the future of this board.  Obviously keeping it as the Pac12 board doesn't make any sense considering the Pac-12 exists in name only and it's unclear what OSU & WSU are going to do?  I'm still leaning toward them doing a reverse merger with the MWC but that's TBD.

What I am leaning towards is rebranding this site to encompass all west coast based schools as it will give you a familiar place to discuss your games, schools, etc.  It would also become a sort of an alternate to the MWCBoard as the new owner has let it go to shit.

I'm open to suggestions though and would appreciate any input.

I like the West Board idea. Hopefully that would get some new traffic too. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:03 PM, MrBug708 said:

Some of us are on our third version posting together so I suspect we are cool with whatever we end up doing. We were posting on the ESPN message boards in 2000 and here we all are still, all be it just in small quantities 

RIP espn boards and collegefanatics. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:55 PM, Mano said:

I would be good with a Western college sports forums, perhaps with sub boards for MWC, Big 12, B1G, ACC and Pac 2. Would be nice to have more users, has pretty much felt like a morgue since the Pac fell apart. Will likely be some chaos to start, but seems like an opportunity.

That's a cool idea, and similar to what @mugtang proposed.  I'm in favor of either.  I like the group we have here (mostly), so keeping us all intact would be cool. I'll certainly continue to follow duck, husky, and other former pac-12 schools regardless.  Plus I have a feeling we'll all be back in the same conference again before trump's second term (and the destruction of democracy) ends.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:55 PM, Mano said:

I like this idea too. There isn’t really a good Big12 or even B1G forum that I could find. Maybe this would give a place for those fans that want to discuss more than just their preferred team/school.

I'd love to see this board stick around in some form or another. I feel like it needs a clever name to draw more attention from all of us displaced fans. Let's put our heads together, kids!

How 'bout Pac-12 Zombies?

On 4/14/2024 at 11:50 AM, Quack 12 said:

I'd love to see this board stick around in some form or another. I feel like it needs a clever name to draw more attention from all of us displaced fans. Let's put our heads together, kids!

The Board Formerly Known as the PAC-12 Board?

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2024 at 12:50 PM, Quack 12 said:

All I know is I won't ever be posting on any board with you on it going forward.  I hate all B10 fans. They are rude and classless. Especially Oregon fans. 

Consider this my walking papers if you stay on this board.  

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2024 at 10:02 AM, Orange said:

How about "The People's Republic of Western Sports"?

First thing we should do is make HLB a mod. That way he can stop all the unfair treatment of him and racial slander. Nobody knows college athletics better than that guy.