Week 5

PAC MAN

Stanford is favored by 4.5.  I expect that line to expand in the coming days, and if it goes past 7, I'd be for putting some $ on the Beavs.  Even during down years, we somehow give Stanford a good scare at home.

Now that I've said that, I expect a 53-21 Cardinal win.

22 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

ASU @ Cal I have no fucking idea, but I'm leaning toward ASU being angry coming off a tough loss to a middling conference opponent.

USC @ UW Huskies by 10.

Stanford @ OSU Within 2 scores, but OSU loses obviously.

WSU @ Utah Home field, tough defense, better QB situation, Utes roll.

UCLA @ UA Another baffling one....'Cats by 3?

BYE: CU & UO

On 9/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, Jalapeno said:

ASU @ Cal

USC @ UW

Stanford @ OSU

WSU @ Utah

UCLA @ UA

BYE: CU & UO

naturally, I've learned to go with whatever will damage the conference's reputation even further.

ASU over Cal

USC over UW

Stanford @ OSU - postponed due to locusts

WSU over Utah (final score 3 to 2)

UA over UCLA 72 to 3

UO - Cristobal takes UM during bye week, while UO rehires Willie Taggart

CU - suspends their coach indefinitely for wearing jorts and feeding hamburger to Ralphie VII

3 hours ago, Scorcho said:

naturally, I've learned to go with whatever will damage the conference's reputation even further.

ASU over Cal

USC over UW

Stanford @ OSU - postponed due to locusts

WSU over Utah (final score 3 to 2)

UA over UCLA 72 to 3

UO - Cristobal takes UM during bye week, while UO rehires Willie Taggart

CU - suspends their coach indefinitely for wearing jorts and feeding hamburger to Ralphie VII

Sweet...our first safety of the season

39 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Well, it was a nice run while it lasted.  

Cal will beat ASU, OSU, Stanford and UCLA (giving them 8 wins).  Their season will be determined in games versus Oregon, Utah, WSU and USC.  I think they win two of those four, and maybe three.

The Oregon game will determine the North division champion.

I think they will finish 10-2.

1 hour ago, HLB said:

Cal will beat ASU, OSU, Stanford and UCLA (giving them 8 wins).  Their season will be determined in games versus Oregon, Utah, WSU and USC.  I think they win two of those four, and maybe three.

The Oregon game will determine the North division champion.

I think they will finish 10-2.

It’s official, we are doomed. What did Cal ever do to you?  

I think there’s a real good chance we lose to UCLA.  We don’t match up well with them and they kicked our ass at home last year with a worse team.  We never, ever, play well at UCLA for whatever reason.  

Also, this is Cal we are talking about.  There will be a letdown game that has everyone asking “how in gods name did that happen.” It could very well happen this Friday.  

I like how we match up against WSU and have done well against teams with heavy passing offenses.  Wilcox has held WSU to 3 points and 20 points in the last two seasons.

USC, Utah and Oregon all scare me.  We probably match up best with USC but the difference in athleticism and speed will be tough to overcome.  We needed a fair amount of Luck last year. 

As I've probably mentioned way too many times on this board, I went to HS with Wilcox and am not surprised at all he's having success at Cal.  His athleticism in HS (he's probably the best overall athletic prospect our school ever had) was only matched by his IQ.

That said, I tend to agree that Cal won't have the horses to go 10-2.

5 hours ago, All Hail said:

It’s official, we are doomed. What did Cal ever do to you?  

I think there’s a real good chance we lose to UCLA.  We don’t match up well with them and they kicked our ass at home last year with a worse team.  We never, ever, play well at UCLA for whatever reason.  

Also, this is Cal we are talking about.  There will be a letdown game that has everyone asking “how in gods name did that happen.” It could very well happen this Friday.  

I like how we match up against WSU and have done well against teams with heavy passing offenses.  Wilcox has held WSU to 3 points and 20 points in the last two seasons.

USC, Utah and Oregon all scare me.  We probably match up best with USC but the difference in athleticism and speed will be tough to overcome.  We needed a fair amount of Luck last year. 

Justin Wilcox is in his third season, and the progression of his program is "on time".   ASU is more tedious to me, than UCLA.  The only way UCLA wins is if Cal has "no defense" and/or ability to tackle, as we saw with WSU last week.  Additionally, is WSU had simply stepped away from their passing offense, and simply run the ball, they would have grounded out clock, in the final 19 minutes, and UCLA would have never had a chance to come from behind and win.  In short, poor coaching by Leach contributed to UCLA's come-from-behind win.

Again, I think Cal is a team within the PAC12 that is steadily improving.  A 10-win season is not something I would be surprised at.

1 hour ago, HLB said:

Justin Wilcox is in his third season, and the progression of his program is "on time".   ASU is more tedious to me, than UCLA.  The only way UCLA wins is if Cal has "no defense" and/or ability to tackle, as we saw with WSU last week.  Additionally, is WSU had simply stepped away from their passing offense, and simply run the ball, they would have grounded out clock, in the final 19 minutes, and UCLA would have never had a chance to come from behind and win.  In short, poor coaching by Leach contributed to UCLA's come-from-behind win.

Again, I think Cal is a team within the PAC12 that is steadily improving.  A 10-win season is not something I would be surprised at.

I've never seen someone more unfamiliar with words tell me that they're writing a book.

Archived