Pac12 Championship

Utefan1211

On 11/30/2021 at 5:26 PM, HLB said:

You're right.  I didn't realize I wrote Sugar Bowl.  We all know that the PAC12 isn't good enough to play in the Sugar Bowl.  How silly of me.

So let me correct myself:  The Fiesta Bowl.  The Pac10 champ will lose to tOSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

I honestly can't tell when you're intentionally parodying yourself, or when you're sincere (and just that stupid).

15 seconds of Google would tell you (a) we're the Pac-12 and (b) our champ's tie-in is with the Rose Bowl if the champ doesn't make the CFP.

Wish Alabama best of luck in the Sears Cooper Tires Glass Bowl in Rochester, MN.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, utenation said:

I've said it before HLB's credibility would go up 70% instantly if @Quack 12 was his editor. There wouldn't be any shortage of work either.

Sorry, I retired two weeks ago and I hope to never have to proofread anything other than my wife's text messages from here on out.

If Utah wins on Friday, they'll certainly play Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. If Oregon somehow pulls it out, I think the Rose Bowl may choose Michigan State instead of the Buckeyes. I get that tOSU has the better conference record and won head-to-head against MSU, but Oregon already won head-to-head against Ohio State, the Rose Bowl committee doesn't care about conference records, and Sparty has been to the Rose Bowl only once (2014) since 1988. 

I was relieved to find out the only bowl that Oregon State definitely won't go to (aside from the Rose or Alamo) is the Sun Bowl.  Contractually obligated to take one of the 6-3 teams.

Hope we go to SoFi.  I may buy tickets to check out that monstrosity.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:53 PM, azgreg said:

Whenever HLB posts this comes to mind.

R.6c2a58959ed5b0a2fab941e1e4e4db4c?rik=M

I gotta say, absent a pandemic, the decay of our institutions, scores of fascist & incompetent federal judges, and the abuse of minorities and the poor, that was a very entertaining 4 years.

On 12/1/2021 at 4:48 PM, Orange said:

I honestly can't tell when you're intentionally parodying yourself, or when you're sincere (and just that stupid).

15 seconds of Google would tell you (a) we're the Pac-12 and (b) our champ's tie-in is with the Rose Bowl if the champ doesn't make the CFP.

Wish Alabama best of luck in the Sears Cooper Tires Glass Bowl in Rochester, MN.

As I've said before, on these threads, I hammer out what I write and don't proofread.  If I misspell a word, have a grammatical error, reference the Sugar Bowl when I meant to say the Rose Bowl, mention the Pac10, when I know that it's the Pac12 .... I could care less.

If I humor you in doing so, then so be it.

And I'm not a BAMA fan.

Doesn't seem the Ducks learned anything about just running out the clock at the half.

Stadium probably about 80% Utah fans, very loud in Utah's favor. Oregon's defense doing much better against Utah's run game this time around,  but the Utes defense has been stout. Devin Lloyd is a beast, I think he has left no doubt who the Pac 12 DPOY is.

Archived