2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 11/18/2023 at 5:03 PM, Trojan209 said:

If Caleb declares hopefully he doesn’t play in the bowl. May as well let Moss or Malachi get their reps in. Kind of a weird way for USC to turn out the lights on their final season of the Pac-12. But at least USC fans can just watch whatever chaos ensues next week. 

What do you think the gameplan will be for DC in the offseason?

Any rumors?

Good win cats. Outplayed the Utes start to finish.

I really hope the plague of injuries does not extend to next year. Been hearing a lot of chatter that Cam and Kuithe coming back next year, so if they can stat healthy I think the Utes will compete for the Big 12 title along with Arizona and OSU. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:02 PM, Orange said:

Great game, UW. Hope you make the playoffs.  

That’s the end of the season as far as I’m concerned.   Looking at 8-4 with a road game next week.   Then sayonara to all you other traitor fucks in this soon-to-be-extinct conference.  

Still feels like you guys had a 10 win season.  The PAC north is a machine this year. 

On 11/18/2023 at 4:26 PM, utenation said:

What do you think the gameplan will be for DC in the offseason?

Any rumors?

I’m not well connected enough but the alums I do know that are say we could be making a play for Jim Leonhard, Zac Arnett, and if he gets fired, Dave Aranda could come into play. One guy I’d love to see in the mix is Gary Patterson but idk how well he fits with Riley and LA in general. Whoever it is needs to be an actual established DC.

IMO the game plan should be moving away from the Leach defensive coaching tree. I know Grinch at the time seemed like a good hire and had a lot of experience working under coaches like Chip Kelly, Sean McDonnell, Pinkle and Leach. But those were mostly offensive guys. Riley should have the pull to grab someone at an elite level.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:02 PM, Orange said:

Looking at 8-4

So you agree that OSU can't beat Oregon.

Back in January, I projected 7-5, which you continuously criticized me fore, and their going to finish 8-4 (which is a good season for OSU, and only one game off from my prediction 10 months ago).

It will be interesting who they play in a bowl game. 

They'll probably lose.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:07 PM, utenation said:

Still feels like you guys had a 10 win season

But they didn't.  I don't know who they will play in a bowl game, but if it is anyone of any quality, I'm betting the Beavs lose.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:07 PM, utenation said:

The PAC north is a machine this year

Within the PAC, perhaps.  If anyone makes the CFP, they will get hammered by Georgia, Ohio State or Michigan.

In truth, the PAC doesn't any team that can beat the elites of CFB.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:09 PM, HLB said:

BUT FOR THIS WEEK ....

Wazzu takes down Colorado, 31-27

Arizona upends Utah, 34-31

USC over UCLA, 42-17

Oregon cruises by ASU, 45-16

Cal beats Stanford, 27-23

Washington knocks off Oregon State, 47-40

@utenationand @Orange - I know you both like to review my picks, so here they are from Thursday night:

5-1, again (83% for the record).

I did not see the complete dismantling of Colorado or Utah taking place.  But I'm not surprised.

Almost nailed the Oregon score.  And Cal beat Stanford by a more significant margin.

I wasn't expecting bad weather in the UW/OSU game.  Perhaps better weather would have yielded more scoring.  But it was a close game, nonetheless - just as I expected. 

Looking ahead to next week (because I know @utenationand @Orange want to know, here are next week's predictions:

Oregon is going to beat Oregon State like @Orange's mother should have beaten him, (56-17);

Utah is going to close out the first year of Coach Prime's P5 experiment, and easily defeat Colorado, (48-20);

AZ is just too good for ASU and will knock off their state rival, 45-13;

Washington takes all of the apples, and knocks off Wazzu, 37-23;

Notre Dame will put Stanford out of their misery, 48-10;

UCLA goes down to California, 26-24.

Enjoy the games!